Home / Politics  / Victim’s Parents in RG Kar Rape Case Accuse CM Mamata Banerjee of Failing to Act Against Evidence Tampering

Victim’s Parents in RG Kar Rape Case Accuse CM Mamata Banerjee of Failing to Act Against Evidence Tampering

The parents of a 31-year-old postgraduate doctor, allegedly raped and murdered at RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata, accused West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of failing to prevent an alleged cover-up by

The parents of a 31-year-old postgraduate doctor, allegedly raped and murdered at RG Kar Medical College and Hospital in Kolkata, accused West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee of failing to prevent an alleged cover-up by the police and hospital staff. Speaking to a Bengali TV channel on Friday, the victim’s mother said, “Kolkata Police, the hospital administration, and representatives from the TMC all played an active role in suppressing the horrific incident to ensure the truth did not come to light.”

She further alleged that the authorities attempted to shield the “main conspirators” and criticized the CBI for failing to uncover the role of all those involved, neglecting the “larger conspiracy” behind the crime.

The mother directly accused CM Banerjee, who oversees the health and police departments, of being responsible for her administration’s failure. “The CM must explain why the crime scene was not sealed, allowing evidence to be tampered with by numerous onlookers. She must also clarify why, out of 68 individuals seen in the area on the morning of August 9, only Sanjay Roy was identified as the sole perpetrator,” she stated.

She also claimed the CBI overlooked critical aspects of the investigation, including the broader conspiracy and the failure to protect a woman doctor on duty. The victim’s father echoed her concerns, accusing the CBI and Kolkata Police of conducting a “shoddy investigation” to protect certain individuals.

Sanjay Roy, the convict in the case and a former police volunteer, claimed during sentencing that he was “innocent” and had been “fixed” by the authorities. He alleged that Kolkata Police forced him to sign documents without his consent.

TMC Responds

Trinamool Congress (TMC) spokesperson Kunal Ghosh dismissed the parents’ allegations as “unfortunate,” claiming they were influenced by forces seeking to tarnish the state government’s image.

“The Chief Minister instructed the Kolkata Police to expedite the investigation and arrest the accused. She even set a one-week deadline for the probe. However, the case was handed over to the CBI following a Calcutta High Court order,” Ghosh said.

admin@thenewindians.com

Review overview
NO COMMENTS

POST A COMMENT